West Lodge is a recently refurbished former Gate Lodge, situated in a rural location between the villages of Dunster and Wootton Courtenay, set within the Exmoor National Park. Exmoor, where the moor meets the sea, offers spectacular moorland scenery, wooded valleys, pretty villages and miles of rugged coastline to explore. The moor is a haven for wildlife and it is not unusual to see Exmoor Ponies, Pheasants and Red Deer roaming free on your travels.
West Lodge accommodation comprises of:
• A well-equipped open plan kitchen and dining area, complete with seating for 4 people, a new electric AGA, hob top, microwave oven, dishwasher and fridge, with views to the surrounding hills.
• Utility room complete with freezer, sink unit and washing machine.
• Sitting room has a Woodburning Stove, Flat-screen TV, DVD player and comfortable seating for 4 people.
• Twin bedroom with 2 single beds, wardrobe and chest of drawers and views of the garden and surrounding hills.
• A large family bathroom with a bath and electric shower.
• Double bedroom with a double bed, chest of drawers and countryside views. This room has the added extras of a dressing room and en-suite bathroom with power shower.
• Outside is a large enclosed garden with seating for 4 people and stunning views of the surrounding wooded hills and countryside.
• There is an outside tap for washing bikes and a lockable shed for storing them securely during your stay.
• The property has private off road parking for 3 cars.
The Lodge is well placed for both walkers and cyclists with Grabbist Coppice, and Timberscombe Woods both within easy reach from the property. The nearby National Trust owned Holnicote Estate also provides excellent walking and cycling ground with Dunkery Beacon, Webbers Post, Horner Woods and Selworthy Beacon being popular with tourists.
There are horse-riding facilities nearby with riding for the more experienced based in Wootton Courtenay (1 mile) and riding for all abilities based in Luccombe (5 miles).
The picturesque medieval village of Dunster is just 2 miles away and has a range of cafés, pubs, shops and the National Trust owned Dunster Castle. The village of Timberscombe is a 2 minute drive and has a real ales pub which also serves good food. Other popular villages and towns to explore include; Dulverton, Porlock, Bossington, Horner, Selworthy, Minehead, Lynton and Lynmouth and Exford.
See more information and photos on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/westlodgedunster.
Sleeps 4 + Cot
1 double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
1 twin bedroom
Kitchen with new electric AGA
Panoramic woodland views
Garden with outdoor seating and views to surrounding hills
Private off road parking for 3 cars
Bike shed and outside tap for washing bikes
SKY TV, DVD, Music System
Dishwasher, Washing Machine, Microwave Oven
Bed Linen, Towels
All Electricity and Heating included
West Somerset Steam Railway, Brendon Hills, Dunkery Beacon, Porlock Hill, Dunster Castle, Wimbleball Lake, Exmoor Pony Centre, Tropiquaria, Exmoor Safari, Tarr Steps, Exmoor Falconry and Animal Farm, Exmoor Zoo, Watchet Boat Museum.